POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mars rover Opportunity's landing site [~93K JPG] : Re: Mars rover Opportunity's landing site [~93K JPG] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:25:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mars rover Opportunity's landing site [~93K JPG]
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 11 Jan 2004 06:52:03
Message: <3mp7d1-hdj.ln1@triton.imagico.de>
Hughes, B. wrote:
> Following in Christoph's footsteps here... I'm rendering the other (current)
> Mars rover's landing site, plus dust storms. Proposed target should be a
> little down and right of center in this image (dust clouds over area too).
> Not a very close view at all, since this covers many degrees of longitude
> and latitude.

Looks good, the clouds are a nice addition although they seem a bit
yellow in comparison (the planet surface looks very blue on the other hand).

As a general note: it is quite funny how strongly the various views of
mars you can find (real photographs as well as renders like this) differ
in the colors.

Christoph

Last updated 11 Jan. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______