POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cupid's Feed [link to adult themed image] : Re: Cupid's Feed [link to adult themed image] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:24:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cupid's Feed [link to adult themed image]
From: IMBJR
Date: 30 Mar 2004 14:25:39
Message: <3iij60t7c8j65sgcd66h730l7g4aqpkqcl@4ax.com>
On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 22:50:47 -0600, Dan P <dan### [at] yahoocom>
wrote:

>IMBJR wrote:
>
>> http://img43.photobucket.com/albums/v132/IMBJR/pov_ray/cupids_feed.jpg
>>
>> --------------------------------
>> My First Subgenius Picture Book:
>> http://www.imbjr.com
>
>I like it! I am really enjoying your art. The expression on the woman's
>face is really priceless. The only thing; a human body can't turn that
>far. Unless the painful look is the intended effect (which it just might
>be!), the posing will look more realistic if you turn on both "Use
>Limits" and "Inverse Kinematics". "Auto Balance" might help in this
>image too. "Use Limits" will ensure that the muscles do not move beyond
>a natural range. "Inverse Kinematics" simulates the chained movement of
>many muscles and often leads to better poses. "Auto Balance" simulates
>weight distribution.

I'd have to check, but I'm fairly sure inverse k's are on. I know the
pose certainly is wild though, but then I'm not after realism - after
all who ever heard of a woman breast feeding a flying infant?

>I'd love to see a bigger version of this image. :-)
>
>By any chance, are you using subsurface scattering in this image? The
>skin has an interesting sheen to it that suggests depth. Really, really
>cool.

No, but I do have a Poser rendering of this character with the same
sheen apparent. It must have something to do with the texture that
came with the model.