POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray crashes on WinXP laptop when loading OpenGL : Re: Moray crashes on WinXP laptop when loading OpenGL Server Time
18 May 2024 12:48:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moray crashes on WinXP laptop when loading OpenGL
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 15 Jun 2004 10:45:13
Message: <3h2uc0hklr1fvtbebbuhj6akq1r8uqm215@4ax.com>
Hi Greyfang, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> ... while having a lot of drivers for the 2100
> listed, do not list and ATI drivers....ugh.
Well, if Compaq have graphics drivers listed for that laptop, then
that's what you need to install.....

> QUESTION:  will disabling OpenGL kill my performance
> in Moray when viewing the model in camera view?
Yes, of course. Otherwise why would we need hardware graphics cards
:-)

One thing could could also do before you disable OpenGL, is to start
Moray with the following commandline:

Moraywin -startlog

Zip and send me the MORAY.ERR file that's created in Moray's
installation folder. I'll take a look at whether I can see anything
wrong.

To force Moray to use software OpenGL, do this:

Exit Moray
Start Regedit
Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SoftTronics\Moray For
Windows\Options
If not there already, create a Binary Value called ForceOpenGLSoftware
Set it to 01
Start Moray.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom