POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : .NET distributed POV : Re: .NET distributed POV Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:25:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: .NET distributed POV
From: Mike Williams
Date: 3 Nov 2001 07:53:47
Message: <3gDa3JAkJ747EwA2@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Ben Martens who wrote:
>I'm tossing around ideas for a .NET programming contest.  One idea was to
>build a distributed POV system based on .NET.  I've seen quite a few systems
>that do this with other architectures.  In my random thoughts so far, I've
>come across two potential problems.  If anyone can offer any advice I would
>really appreciate it:

One overall point to bear in mind is that it would be a good idea to
wait for pov 3.5 to become stable before attempting anything like this.
3.5 has a feature called "I/O restrictions" which you can use to prevent
malicious scene files from doing #fopen, #read and #write on any file on
the computer.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure