POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wagon & Hay (108K) : Re: Wagon & Hay (108K) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:21:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wagon & Hay (108K)
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 5 Jan 2004 15:14:30
Message: <3ff9c5a6@news.povray.org>
>>>Everything looks a bit washed out...
>>I think this is due to the usage of Radiosity_Debug from rad_def.inc
>
> Maybe some of it, but I don't see that making the wood quite so bad...it
> really looks like it has a high ambient.
Well, it's only an IsoWood + a texture coming with the IsoWood include
file. Perhaps JPG did a good job, too :)

> You might have misinterpreted what I was saying. I wasn't talking about
> broad leaves, I meant that hay usually is finer and has blades of grass,
> while straw consists mainly of hollow...well, straws. You do get leaves
> of various plants such as alfalfa and clover in the richer hay, though.
> Pure grass hays are usually cheap...
I think I understood what you were trying to say. But nevertheless I'll
go for the straw, just because those two objects are only background
decorations for the scene. I don't know if it would be worth the effort
to model such small details. If it turns out that it looks too cheap,
I'll go for the hay :)

Thanks for your input
Florian