POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : image : Re: image Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: image
From: Tim Cook
Date: 4 Jan 2004 20:13:28
Message: <3ff8ba38@news.povray.org>
Andrew Coppin v2 wrote:
> Hmm... she doesn't look too healthy... Poor skinny little thing. (Ooo, and
> are those triangles in the cloth? Or am I going mad?)

Those are triangles in the cloth, I'm afraid...and it's a good thing her
right arm is where it is, it's hiding an aweful mess of 'em.  Poser 5's
cloth room is rather...wanting.  Its dynamic cloth has low poly counts
and no way of intelligently (or otherwise) subdividing the cloth object
on-the-fly when things get stretched, which causes poses where the cloth
is stretched to have wandering polygons regardless of settings...the
triangle vertices just kinda randomly fly off for no apparent reason.