POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rehash of an old scene (WIP), Countertop texture : Re: Rehash of an old scene (WIP), Countertop texture Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:25:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rehash of an old scene (WIP), Countertop texture
From: Michael Raiford
Date: 4 Jan 2004 14:48:52
Message: <3ff86e24@news.povray.org>
The glasses are set up to have a refractive index of 1.5, but I think the
thickness was a bit too thin, so they look ghosted. I brought in my new
glass object I created for this scene, but I think the lighting needs some
serious work. The texture on the new glasses uses photons, but there are no
caustics visible (save for a reflective caustic on the top of the orange
juice substance.)

Here is an image of the new glass, though to show you the direction I am
going: