POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wagon & Hay (108K) : Re: Wagon & Hay (108K) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wagon & Hay (108K)
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 3 Jan 2004 08:28:33
Message: <3ff6c381$1@news.povray.org>
> To avoid repeating use a different seed for each plank
 > and non-zero Rotate and Translate parameters.
Ah, I see. I have used non-zero values for Translate, but used the same
seed every time - now that you tell me how to do it is totally clear :)

> If the texture used is the standard 'Tex_IW_Weathered_Wood_01' -
 > this is designed to be much darker.
This is most propably a result of my poor lighting and radiosity setup
which was only for testing purposes. As I wrote I'll have to finetune
those things a lot.

> Are the round parts of the wheels created as functions or CSG?
IsoCSG :)

I'll take this as a chance to tell you how great your include files
(Both IsoWood & IsoCSG) are! I also love that your documentation covers
all important aspects.

Good work!

Florian