POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : 2D compositing macros : 2D compositing macros Server Time
1 Sep 2024 22:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  2D compositing macros
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 29 Dec 2003 11:12:02
Message: <3ff05252@news.povray.org>
This is version 0.5 which means there are still some bugs to sort out.
See thread:  http://news.povray.org/povray.general/34161/

This macro certainly cannot do motion blur (as the name of the thread may
suggest). It's only capable of blending 2d-images in various ways, like most
paintprograms can do.. But I don't have a paintprogram that supports
scripting and therefore, it's no good for handling lots of frames in
animations. I personally use this POV script instead. You can also use it to
scroll pictures around the screen, for example one pixel at a time.

If you want motion blur, you need to render at least twice as many frames in
your animation. Then blend them with this script, and you have a sort of
motion-blur.

Regards,
Hugo

Post a reply to this message