POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : eyes : Re: I know....... [Re: eyes] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I know....... [Re: eyes]
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 26 Dec 2003 14:47:05
Message: <3fec9039@news.povray.org>

news:3FE### [at] hotmailcom...
> Subsurface Scattering via media! Those kind of effects could be achieved
> with media sss.

The problem is that using media sss on an mesh having an internal structure
often gives ugly results due to the shadows cast by these structures. The
face of a Poser model such as this one contains a lot of these structures
(nose, eyes, mouth), so the sss only works OK on the simpler body parts and
only when they have enough polys (which caused me a lot of trouble for the
ISS image last year) :(

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com