POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Repost: My Stereo (jpg-211k) : Re: Repost: My Stereo (jpg-211k) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:21:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Repost: My Stereo (jpg-211k)
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 24 Dec 2003 08:48:38
Message: <3fe99936@news.povray.org>
--
Jeremy
"Eric Freeman" <whi### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> "Hughes, B." <omn### [at] charternet> wrote in message
> >
> > "Eric Freeman" <whi### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> > >
> > > If I make it too transparent, the lampshade doesn't look
> > > right.  If I make it less transparent, not enough lite gets
> > > thru.
> >
> > Could fake it using a lens flare effect, placed between the
> > camera and lampshade.
>
> Hmmmmmm.....

Gilles made a pretty good lamp which you can see here, and download the
source as well.
http://www.oyonale.com/ressources/english/sources10.htm
I'm not saying you should replace the lamp, but it may give you some ideas
from the source.  But with the lamp turned on, it takes a looooong time to
render, so keep that in mind.