POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Particle System : Re: Particle System Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:14:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particle System
From: Michael Raiford
Date: 22 Dec 2003 18:30:35
Message: <3fe77e9b$1@news.povray.org>
"Tom Galvin" <tom### [at] imporg> wrote in message
news:Xns### [at] 204213191226...
> Ah..there we go.  Nice so far.  Is this a SDL only approach?

So far it is. I'm realizing now I may need to run the sim. on the first
frame, dump it out, then read it on subsequent frames. With large particle
counts, it tends to get really slow on parse time as more frames pass.

I now have collision detection working for the most part (particle-object
interactions), but some particles still fall through. So, I may have to
re-think how I am handling collisions. I did render a neat animation of
falling goop over a sphere. I dunno if I want to burn POV's server space to
upload it though. I might pop the animation on my website and send a link
later on.