POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Merry christmas [70k] : Re: Merry Christmas - Lightsys error message Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:25:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Merry Christmas - Lightsys error message
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 22 Dec 2003 16:31:46
Message: <3fe762c2@news.povray.org>
>  How? ...what's the error? I can't figure why it will not work
>  (I don't have MegaPOV right now to test).

Glad to see you stopped by! The updated lightsys is great! The bug is a bit
difficult for me to track down. The error message prevents all your demos /
templates / tests to parse. I have 4 versions of POV-Ray installed. They all
claim to be based on the POV3.5 source, but your macros only work in 2
versions:

Official POV3.5  = works.
Unofficial MLpov 0.81   = works.
Unofficial POVman 1.0   = breaks.
Unofficial MegaPOV1.0  = breaks.

Here's an example of the error message:

File: demo_cyndi_cubes.pov  Line: 38
#declare LC1 = EmissiveSpectrum(ES_Osram_CoolFluor_36w) <----ERROR
Parse Error: Expected '( or [', ) found instead
Returned from renderer with error status

When I add () it complains that no value was found in between the
parantheses. When I write (1) it breaks the macros. Maybe it has something
to do with splines, since "ES_Osram_CoolFluor_36w" refer to a spline...(?)

Best regards,
Hugo