POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : biohazard symbol in full color [JPG ~30 KB] : Re: biohazard symbol in full color [JPG ~30 KB] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:24:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: biohazard symbol in full color [JPG ~30 KB]
From: Hughes, B
Date: 20 Dec 2003 13:03:11
Message: <3fe48edf$1@news.povray.org>
"Carl Hoff" <hof### [at] wtnet> wrote in message news:3fe46edd@news.povray.org...
> That looks cool.  I really like the texture/coloration.  Will you be
sharing
> the source?

Thanks! Yes, Carl. In anticipation someone might ask about it I have retyped
it, more readable now. I'll put it at the p.b.s-f group immediately.

The 'texture' is actually both filtered color and media, along with a
surface normal; also with highlighting and some variable reflection. Not
rocket science at all but I tried to have it be more than color alone, just
doesn't have photons or caustics (yet?).

There are five types, or ways, to do the symbol. HF, flat, engraved, object
pigment pattern, and convex as seen here. I just didn't want to have a
symbol-only thing when I made it, so those were what I came up with.
--
Bob H.
http://www.3digitaleyes.com