POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Improved intersection routine for CSG-Intersection objects : Re: [OT] Re: Improved intersection routine for CSG-Intersection objects Server Time
6 Oct 2024 15:23:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [OT] Re: Improved intersection routine for CSG-Intersection objects
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 17 Dec 2003 05:15:18
Message: <3fe02cb6$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3fdf9da3$1@news.povray.org> , Nicolas Calimet
<pov### [at] freefr>  wrote:

>  This example is very trivial, and you can easily implement the same
> in your own string library in C.  What I'd like to see is the performance of
> creating a dynamical formatted string, similarly to vsprintf() -- but of
course
> without the static buffer passed as argument, which makes vsnprintf
unecessary.

If you really want to use printf-style formatting in C++ (I sure do so
often), take a look at <http://www.boost.org/libs/format/index.htm>.  While
I never used it (I have my own mini-utility function for that), it does
sound like a simple solution.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde