POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 19th century schoolhouse [WIP] : Re: 19th century schoolhouse [WIP] Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:18:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 19th century schoolhouse [WIP]
From: Bonsai
Date: 17 Dec 2003 02:57:06
Message: <3fe00c52$1@news.povray.org>
Jeremy M. Praay schrieb:
> Yes, the window-arches are the same iso-surface bricks that make up the
> entire building.  I made a special macro just for the arches.  It's not a
> very portable macro, but it worked well enough for my specific purpose.  A
> more portable macro would probably include the number of bricks to use,
> radius of the inside and outside portion and maybe a cut-off angle.

I did such a macro in the past. It's using only boxes for the bricks,
but you can specify all the measurements of the arch and then the brick
count is calculated for you.

Maybe you can use it also for your isosurface bricks...

http://www.b0n541.net/povray/povmacro.html

Just my 2 eurocents,

Bonsai

--

        www.b0n541.net

"Hi. I'm a signature virus. Add me to your signature - help me spread!"