POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 19th century schoolhouse [WIP] : Re: 19th century schoolhouse [WIP] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 19th century schoolhouse [WIP]
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 16 Dec 2003 18:51:49
Message: <3fdf9a95$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks, that's some good information to know.  I had guessed that the
building was abandoned in about 1940, just judging from how some of the
structure has deteriorated.  But the roof still seems to be in quite good
shape.

Those metal bars on the side of the structure, I'm also guessing were added
quite a bit later.  I would figure that they're helping to hold the brick
wall together.  So I'm not planning to include them in my model.

I forgot to mention here that the white sqaure at the top front of the
building says that it was built in 1873.  I emailed the local historical
society to see if they have any old pictures of the school.  It would be
nice to have a reference picture from, say, 1890.  But they haven't
responded, so far.

--
Jeremy