POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Improved intersection routine for CSG-Intersection objects : Re: [OT] Re: Improved intersection routine for CSG-Intersection objects Server Time
6 Oct 2024 15:18:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [OT] Re: Improved intersection routine for CSG-Intersection objects
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 16 Dec 2003 17:22:28
Message: <3fdf85a4$1@news.povray.org>
>> But in what language the C++ streams are implemented internally ?
>>Isn't it mostly in C and asm ?  The C libraries usually are too.
>
> The C++ streams

	Ooops, sorry, here I was refering to STRINGS, not streams...

> The STL string, if implemented well, is extremely fast, especially if you
> deal with dynamic string length and need to copy strings around.  In fact,
> the strings are usually one of the best optimised things in current STL
> library implementations...

	Indeed those dynamic strings are what I'm interested in.  So I should
have a look at the STL then...  Still don't see how they could be faster than
some equivalent functionality in a good implementation of the C library on the
same architecture.  Maybe thanks to faster, dedicated memory management ?

	- NC