POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Merry... : Re: Merry... Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Merry...
From: Harold
Date: 15 Dec 2003 19:44:09
Message: <3fde5559$1@news.povray.org>
I like it very much. Nice use of focal blur too.
Do you remember my image of a week ago?
It used a separate chrome "crown" where the hook attaches
to the ornament. What I did not do, and you did, is show the
smooth transition from sphere to "nipple" protrusion at the
top. How did you model that?

A few years ago William Fawcett  (a Hall of Fame image) made some very
realistic looking ornaments, but I don't think his had smooth transition at
the top
nipple either, but the crown part was nicely detailed.

Harold