POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Improved intersection routine for CSG-Intersection objects : Re: Improved intersection routine for CSG-Intersection objects Server Time
6 Oct 2024 15:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Improved intersection routine for CSG-Intersection objects
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 14 Dec 2003 14:46:11
Message: <3fdcbe02@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> Anybody who still uses raw pointers in C++ deserves to be shot!

If you mean "raw pointer" = "void pointer", then I completely agree.

Otherwise, I strongly object.
(Because you then probably would have to shoot me -- with several
automatic guns in parallel :p)

Pointers are the most useful thing in C and you cannot get around
them in C++ if you want to keep fast performance.
All that guided stuff I've heared yet is both slow & fat.

Or do you see an alternative?

Wolfgang