POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Improved intersection routine for CSG-Intersection objects : Re: [OT] Re: Improved intersection routine for CSG-Intersection objects Server Time
6 Oct 2024 15:19:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [OT] Re: Improved intersection routine for CSG-Intersection objects
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 14 Dec 2003 09:04:14
Message: <3fdc6dde@news.povray.org>
In article <3fdbce98@news.povray.org> , Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>  wrote:

>   Some books really help. For instance "Effective C++" and "More Effective
> C++"... :P
>   (Of course these books are aimed to those who already have experience
> about C++ and want to learn more.)

Well, these book are extremely dated.  After all it appeared back in 1995.
I have not seen the second edition of the first book yet.  Anyway, just
consider Item 5 in the first book.  The final language specification
actually says it is undefined behavior to call the wrong delete (but few
compilers manage to warn when this happens, also in most cases they could).
Or item 3 in the second book - you don't have problems if you use STL rather
than self-cooked arrays.  Or consider item 13 in the second book.  This is
again more an advice for language beginners, everybody even a tiny bit
experienced should really know.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde