POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wood texture (108k) and possible "screen.inc" bug. : Re: Possible "screen.inc" bug (57k) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:24:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible "screen.inc" bug (57k)
From: Roz
Date: 14 Dec 2003 00:38:12
Message: <3fdbf744$1@news.povray.org>
Nico wrote:

> So finally, is it a bug or not ? It's like at least that the official
> binary version for linux produces the "bug". So, even if it's slower,
> why not changing the zero thickness box to a square mesh or a very thin
> box that won't produce the weird behavior ?
>
> Nico

screen.pov renders fine on Linux for me. I'm running a self-compiled
version of POV-Ray 3.50c on Gentoo Linux. I compiled it using GCC
3.2. I had removed the -ffast-math flag a while back (via an
ebuild modification) because it was causing the dispersion bug
mentioned in this newgroup around March of this year. Perhaps the
official binary was compiled with GCC and the -ffast-math flag?
At any rate this seems like more of a GCC problem than a POV-Ray
problem.

-Roz