POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Confusion with material library manager : Confusion with material library manager Server Time
2 Jun 2024 03:06:11 EDT (-0400)
  Confusion with material library manager
From: Michael Yecchh
Date: 12 Dec 2003 22:24:45
Message: <3fda867d@news.povray.org>
I have upgraded to Moray v3.5 and I'm having a little trouble understanding
the new library manager.  The older version I had allowed one to peruse the
libraries via thumbnail, select a material and send it to the material
editor.  The new lib manager only seems to allow materials to shift from one
lib to another, etc.  There seems to be no provision to select materials for
the editor as before.

The editor itself doesn't seem to have a way to search the libraries via
thumbnail to select a specific material.  I am only able to select the
contents of an entire library for various import options.  Also, the preview
window in the import dialog box doesn't seem to do anything.

I've hunted through the help files but haven't found anything useful.
I know I'm probably looking at imporvements but so far, I can't figure them
out.  Can someone enlighten me?

If Marc Jacquier reads this, thanks for all your help so far.

Roger