POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Partial Rendering of an image to an output file doesnt quite work? : Re: Partial Rendering of an image to an output file doesnt quite work? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Partial Rendering of an image to an output file doesnt quite work?
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 8 Dec 2003 04:07:53
Message: <3fd43f69@news.povray.org>

news:3fd3da27
> Thank you for verifying what I saw. It sounds to me like you have done a
> partial rendering
> with the windows version.
> Any idea how to solve it?

Not really, as the wrong positioning of the rendered part was never an issue
in the first place, which is why I never considered it to be a "real" bug.
True, there are cases where having the exact position would be handy (when
pasting the re-rendered part on the original image, particularly, this would
make the positioning much easier). However, I'd prefer to have the partial
rendering saved in a file with the exact dimensions of the rendered part:
when re-rendering bits of large images, that would save me the trouble of
having to manage temporary 90Mb image files.
In any case, when they're fast enough and fit on the screen, I just don't
save partial renderings: I just make a screen capture and then crop and
paste the result.

G.
--

http://www.oyonale.com