POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Partial Rendering of an image to an output file doesnt quite work? : Re: Partial Rendering of an image to an output file doesnt quite work? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:18:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Partial Rendering of an image to an output file doesnt quite work?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 7 Dec 2003 17:23:43
Message: <3fd3a86f$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3fd3895a$1@news.povray.org> , "Bob Zigon"
<nos### [at] iquestnet> wrote:
> Gang

Please do not multipost messages.  Cross-post instead.

> The dimensions are correct. and the X offset is correct. But the Y offset is
> 0 so it is shifted
> up against the top of the BMP.
>
> I looked at the MESSAGES window and it said
>
> "Output Options
>   Image resolution 640 by 480 (rows 94 to 306, columns 188 to 423)."
>
> The values are correct but the resulting BMP is incorrect.
>
> Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

As POV-Ray always writes the whole image, whatever you are seeing is correct
and your expectation is incorrect.  I don't really get what you expect
versus what you see, but POV-Ray will render the selected area and leave the
whole image empty around it.  Thus, this sounds a lot like you are making an
incorrect selection for the area you are up to.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde