POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : more sub-surface scattering : Re: more sub-surface scattering Server Time
19 Jul 2024 00:52:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: more sub-surface scattering
From: Tek
Date: 6 Dec 2003 21:56:51
Message: <3fd296f3$1@news.povray.org>
Well there's a few effects that look sort of like it's changing. Firstly it's a
fully 3d pattern so as we move round it we can see parallax within the shape.
This is distorted a little because the object is refractive. And the refraction
causes internal reflections which can faintly be seen in some places. Plus
there's reflections of the environment causing some more movement on the
surface.

So I expect what you've noticed is a combination of some of those effects. The
pattern certainly isn't actually moving.

--
Tek
www.evilsuperbrain.com