POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "walking the bot" WIP (previously called Robot) : Re: "walking the bot" WIP (previously called Robot) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:28:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "walking the bot" WIP (previously called Robot)
From: FernandoD
Date: 6 Dec 2003 05:10:53
Message: <3fd1ab2d$1@news.povray.org>
Hi Slime,
Thanks for your comments.

I'm still working on the characters, that's why there isn't any story
around. When they are ready I'd like to improve the scenery. Regarding
the street, I'm using HDRI (uffizi) to illuminate the scene, as well as
a couple of area lights to better control the illumination of the bots.
I was hoping that the reflections of the probe on the bots would give
more hints of the location of the characters, but I see it is not working.

Best regards / Fernando

> It's a nice concept, but a little too simple to hold my interest. I suggest
> you try doing something more active with the idea. For instance, make a fire
> hydrant, and make the robot trying to keep its robot dog away from it.
> Something that gives the image a story to it, so that the robots-like-humans
> idea has more depth.

ps. we dont have fire hidrants in Spain, at least in my city (Madrid). lol.