POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : more sub-surface scattering : Re: more sub-surface scattering Server Time
19 Jul 2024 00:53:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: more sub-surface scattering
From: Tek
Date: 5 Dec 2003 17:56:53
Message: <3fd10d35@news.povray.org>
"Samuel Benge" <sbe### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
news:3FD### [at] hotmailcom...
> Tek, that is awesome! Not enough people animate volumetrics. Animated,
> you can really see what's going on with the media. A little turbulence
> would go a long way for this, but still it's fairly realistic.

It already has a little turbulence :) I agree it would look more interesting
with a bit more, but the real one I've got has a fairly smooth pattern so I
wanted to copy that.

I have another rock that's much more tubulent, plus has lots of internal
reflecting facets, so I'm going to try making that next :)

--
Tek
www.evilsuperbrain.com