POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Snowy Thingy : Re: Snowy Thingy - thanks Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:32:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Snowy Thingy - thanks
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 4 Dec 2003 18:35:31
Message: <3fcfc4c3@news.povray.org>
Thanks for all your pleasant replies! I completely agree with the things
you've noted. The blobs remind me of powder rather than snow. I could
probably adjust the code for a more typical snow-look, but the render-time
puts this project on hold. It's difficult to play with such heavy scenes but
I always liked snow. I'll try again sometime.

It was nice to see Harold could find a plausible explanation: "recently
fallen snow right after a brief rain". And yes, this object is kind of
futuristic. I haven't really figured out what it does. I modelled it for
fun; kind of instinctively.

Best regards,
Hugo