POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wax [wip, 1] : Re: Wax [wip, 2] - 1 attachment Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:33:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wax [wip, 2] - 1 attachment
From: Hughes, B
Date: 1 Dec 2003 12:00:24
Message: <3fcb73a8@news.povray.org>
Better, yes. Yet, like I was finding out myself, it might prove nearly
impossible to get the cutaway parts looking right with media alone. Maybe
there's a way to obscure the CSG differenced inside surfaces from appearing
through to the outside by using fade_color.

The speckling gives it texture, but my first reaction was of a sponge
material except it doesn't show on the overall surface.
--
Bob H.
http://www.3digitaleyes.com