POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ball of rings : My bounding problem? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:29:14 EDT (-0400)
  My bounding problem?
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 30 Nov 2003 12:08:07
Message: <3fca23f7@news.povray.org>
> This is probably problem with bounding boxes,
> I quess that vista buffer and/or BB don't work very vell
> with differences (I quess You used  differences of cones to
> create rings?)

Apropos bounding boxes, does any of you have an idea why my recent rendering
with a few hundred thousand blob components (maybe 300.000) has now taken 70
hours to render in 800x600 and STILL need a few days??  I am completely
stunned! I've split the blob into a grid of 8*8 blocks so that not all
300.000 components needs to be considered for every pixel... But... It's
still so slow?

Maybe I should mention that I'm using focal_blur with 40 samples (not a lot,
but enough) and I'm using pre-calculated radiosity settings.

Regards,
Hugo