POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wax [wip, 1] : Re: Wax [wip, 1] - 1 attachment Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:28:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wax [wip, 1] - 1 attachment
From: Hughes, B
Date: 30 Nov 2003 06:26:29
Message: <3fc9d3e5$1@news.povray.org>
Hey, Rafal, I might take back my thought about using media_attenuation in
the light source, since I think that matters only for the fading value used
within the light source itself. Not 100% positive about that.

Now I understand the appearance of your media better, that extinction value
being zero accounts for the extreme brightness on the lit sides.

I was trying out a similar test here immediately after seeing your image.
Found that it isn't as easy as it looks. You might want to try fade_distance
0.1 or 0.2 in the interior statement. I tried a index of refraction and
really messed it up. So... good luck with it!

Bob H.