POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Subsurface Scattering: A Tuesday Mystery (21kb jpeg) : Re: Subsurface Scattering: A Tuesday Mystery (21kb jpeg) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:23:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Subsurface Scattering: A Tuesday Mystery (21kb jpeg)
From: JC (Exether)
Date: 26 Nov 2003 03:30:58
Message: <3fc464c2$1@news.povray.org>
This is really impressive. Did you try to do a candle ? Does your
technique work with a very close light ?

My guess for your technique is a two pass render, first pass with a
black and white spherical pigment depending on the light position that
you apply to all objects with subsurface scattering, and then a second
pass where you use the first one to evaluate the color. While explaining
my guess I have no really precise idea on the how you did it though.  :-)

Am I any close ??   8-p

JC