POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Orrery [Final] (146k Jpeg) : Re: Orrery [Final] (146k Jpeg) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:28:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Orrery [Final] (146k Jpeg)
From: Bill Hails
Date: 23 Nov 2003 13:38:48
Message: <3fc0feb7@news.povray.org>
Samuel Benge wrote:

> It's too big to fit onto my desktop! But I'm sure you won't mind me
> scaling it down :)

Flattery gets you everywhere :-)

> Congratulations on what appears to have been an arduous nine days. It
> would have been an intolerable stretch for me, since I need my computer
> for other things.

Nine days is nothing compared to the six months of evenings and
weekends I've spent on it since the original idea occurred to me.
However I'm just a Pov beginner so a lot of that was a learning
process, and a lot of things got thrown out.

> The tiny coloured lights do indeed look like stars; I didn't need to
> read your description beforehand to figure it out.

Sorry, I was being pedantic. I was really just pointing them
out because I think they work well, but a number of my friends
at home and work didn't "get" them when they saw previous test
renders.

--
Bill Hails