POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Butterfly : Re: Butterfly Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:26:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Butterfly
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 22 Nov 2003 17:35:23
Message: <3fbfe4ab@news.povray.org>
"Xplo Eristotle" <xpl### [at] infomagicnet> wrote in message
> Holy crap, that grass looks photorealistic. O.o

Yeah.  Thank Gilles Tran for the macro.  What I did, which added tons of
realism, imho, was to make one pass with green grass, and another pass with
really skinny, brown, dead grass, and to have both patches occupy the same
space.  I called it "double layering".  It's actually the same exact patch
of grass that I used for my "Radio Graves" IRTC picture.