POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Butterfly : Butterfly Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:32:28 EDT (-0400)
  Butterfly
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 22 Nov 2003 10:01:17
Message: <3fbf7a3d@news.povray.org>
I've been modifying Micha Riser's butterfly to hopefully make it a little
more realistic.  I suppose it's still a work-in-progress, but it looks
pretty good as long as you don't do a close-up.  One of the things that's
still wrong is that the wings look exactly the same on the top and bottom.
Also, the butterfly is a bit barrel-chested.

I decided to just throw it together with Gilles' twigs and some grass.  Jpeg
doesn't like to compress well with all of that grass, however.

Should anyone care:
4x4 jittered area-light
Focal-blur (50 samples)
no radiosity
about 5h to render at 1024x768 on Athlon 1800+
shrunk to 640x480

--
Jeremy

Post a reply to this message