POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 'Cubic Space Division' anaglyphic 3D (for red and green glasses)[193 KB JPG] : Re: 'Cubic Space Division' anaglyphic 3D (for red and green glasses)[193 KB JPG] Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:20:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 'Cubic Space Division' anaglyphic 3D (for red and green glasses)[193 KB JPG]
From: Harold
Date: 18 Nov 2003 17:31:25
Message: <3fba9dbd$1@news.povray.org>
"Erhard Ducke" <duc### [at] gentlemansclubde> wrote
> Perspective seems to be a bit exxagerated so the lenses have more
> distance than (my) eyes to give a greater effect?!

The camera I use most is a FED Stereo, they were made in
Ukraine in the late 1980's. Not very reliable, but it has autoexposure.
The FED has a normal 62mm (65mm?) stereo separation.
On some shots I use a pair of twinned (synchronized) Pentax ZX-Ms,
the stereo base on those is a 6 inch minimum. The shots of the
man burning have a 10 inch stereo base.

> From this
> time I have no difficulties watching your parallel view pictures. Most
> people I know cannot see the effect without training.
> Finding the solution for these
> original-and-falsification-riddle-pictures (don't know how they are
> called in English) is very easy using this special kind of view ;-)

Here in the USA we call those "Magic Eye" or "Hidden Image"
stereograms. Originally they were called Random Dot Stereograms (RDS).
They are a good way to learn to "free view" (no glasses or viewer used).
I find it easier to use the cross eye method, but most people don't

Cheers,
Harolddd