POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 'Cubic Space Division' anaglyphic 3D (for red and green glasses)[193 KB JPG] : Re: 'Cubic Space Division' anaglyphic 3D (for red and green glasses)[193 KB JPG] Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:28:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 'Cubic Space Division' anaglyphic 3D (for red and green glasses)[193 KB JPG]
From: Harold
Date: 18 Nov 2003 12:47:28
Message: <3fba5b30@news.povray.org>
Nice subject for stereoscopic anaglyph.
How did you make it? All my POV work is
for making stereo pairs. I don't usually produce
anaglyphs, but when I do I use to renders and
convert them to anaglyph in Paint Shop Pro.
Check out my 3D photos of the Burning Man festival.
  http://3dculture.com/bm3d

A few suggestions:

1. It is generally preferred to put objects behind the screen,
so things are not cut off by the edge (frame) of the image.
In stereoscopic photography this is called the "stereo window"
and when objects are cut off by the window it is called a
"window violation".

2. When making a red/blue anaglyph most people combine the
blue and green color channels (thus red/cyan). The resulting anaglyph
covers all the colors of the monitor phosphors and has a more pleasing
gray scale balance, not purple looking.

Keep up the fine 3D work :-)
Harolddd