POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : phase and bumps : Re: phase and bumps Server Time
5 Jul 2024 10:42:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: phase and bumps
From: Hughes, B
Date: 18 Nov 2003 12:38:07
Message: <3fba58ff@news.povray.org>
"Steely" <Rob### [at] hamburgde> wrote in message
> Hughes, B. wrote:
>
> >Maybe you could use an isosurface made from a pigment function which
would
> >use your color map and phase in that. I'm not positive that the texture
will
> >match up onto the isosurface, just reasons that it should.

will
> try that. Thanks.

I'm lucky to remember this at all, where've you been?  :-D Only joking.

IIRC that isosurface and phase-shifting wasn't keeping to a single surface.
That meaning, there were parts filling the voids where the bump pattern
hollowed out, as it changed. Similar to a boiling lava lamp fluid. If you
get what I'm saying. At least that it seemed likely to need a way to retain
a singular surface to resemble what you wanted to do. Like a turbulent water
surface yet no splashes, that's a better way of saying it rather than
boiling lava lamp I guess. Off-hand I'm not sure how that would be
accomplished without trial and error to modify the pattern (mix with
gradient y?).