POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : mathematical camera motion : Re: mathematical camera motion Server Time
5 Jul 2024 10:42:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mathematical camera motion
From: ameisner4
Date: 14 Nov 2003 16:40:23
Message: <3fb54bc7$1@news.povray.org>
Try this sequence to produce a spiral motion of the camera:

  plane { <0, 1, 0>, -2
    pigment {
      checker color White, color Green
    }
  }

#declare center_object =            // whatever object you have
     box {<-.5,-.5,-.5>,<.5,.5,.5> pigment {checker color Red,color
lue }  }

     object {center_object}

// adjust any or all of these 3 to change the spiral
#declare revolutions = 10 ;
#declare constant_a = 0.05 ;
#declare constant_b = 1 ;

#declare theta = revolutions*360*clock ;
#declare spiral_radius = constant_b*exp(constant_a*radians(theta)) ;   //
logarithmic spiral (equiangular)
#declare ex = spiral_radius*cos(theta) ;
#declare zee = spiral_radius*sin(theta) ;

camera {angle 100
        location  <ex,spiral_radius,-zee>
        look_at   <0,0,0>        // or wherever your object is located
       }