POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Gray Lady : Re: The Gray Lady Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:32:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Gray Lady
From: Scott Gammans
Date: 13 Nov 2003 14:02:26
Message: <3fb3d542$1@news.povray.org>
First of all, my abject apologies for not including the total file size of
922 KB in the message title; if there is a newsgroup administrator who could
add that info I'd be grateful.

Arthur's comment refers to a much earlier (and more primitive) version of
the Enterprise that I posted in here about 18 months ago; this version is
(imho) a vast improvement over my first model. I really didn't know very
much about POV-Ray when I completed the first version, and it shows in the
modeling mistakes I made. This version is much more highly-optimized, uses
almost everything I know about POV-Ray (which ain't much but is still a lot
more than 2 years ago), and it renders almost 10x quicker, making it
actually usable for animation work.

Rick, I'll take the C&D comment as a compliment ;)