POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Liquid animation : Liquid animation Server Time
19 Jul 2024 00:46:26 EDT (-0400)
  Liquid animation
From: Claudio Pozzoli
Date: 12 Nov 2003 10:53:45
Message: <3fb25789@news.povray.org>
Hi all ; )
I would like to show the results of my work on liquid simulation; well,
just a little animation about a breaking dam problem in a complex
environment and the following inflow of water through a pipe from a
higher tank. Physical simulation has been realized using Smoothed Particle
Hydrodynamics. The triangle mesh exported in PovRay for the final
rendering is an approximation (Marching Cubes here), of the isosurface
defined selecting an appropriate value over the global
scalar field generated by the particles. I know... the liquid is a little too
much viscous to be real water, but it's a "problem" of the method (I'm
gonna give some explanations if you're interested in) and I'm investigating
a way to work it out.

What do you think?

Thx all

Claudio