POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : install help : Re: install help Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:16:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: install help
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 11 Nov 2003 17:15:24
Message: <3fb15f7c$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3fb13d4c@news.povray.org> , Tux <mar### [at] telusnet>  wrote:

> im running mandrake 9.1 and it came preinstalled with povray modeller, but
> you need povray 3.1g installed to render things.. I am wondering if anybody
> could help me install it, as Im getting error messages all along the way.
> thanks..

The information you provide is to unspecific to give you any help.  You
should at least provide the error messages and exact information about your
configuration.  In particular which modeller for POV-Ray you are talking
about and why it requires 3.1g rather than 3.5.  It would also help to know
where you got the version of POV-Ray from you are trying to install, and if
you got a source or binary package.

Of course, all this much better fits in povray.unix...

    Thorsten