POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : install help : Re: install help Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:30:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: install help
From: Tom Melly
Date: 11 Nov 2003 15:06:41
Message: <3fb14151@news.povray.org>
"Tux" <mar### [at] telusnet> wrote in message news:3fb13d4c@news.povray.org...
> im running mandrake 9.1 and it came preinstalled with povray modeller, but
> you need povray 3.1g installed to render things.. I am wondering if
anybody
> could help me install it, as Im getting error messages all along the way.
> thanks..

Do you know which modeller?

Have you tried posting to the povray.unix group with specific details of the
modeller (w/ version), the error messages, where you got the 3.1 distrib
(hopefully from ftp://ftp.povray.org/pub/povray/Old-Versions/ ), etc.

IMHO, you'd be better off removing the modeller, getting hold of a pov 3.5
compatible version (or take a look at
http://www.povray.org/resources/links/3D_Programs/POV-Ray_Modelling_Programs
/ for alternatives), and installing pov 3.5