POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Newbie question about the light_source function. : Re: Newbie question about the light_source function. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:35:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Newbie question about the light_source function.
From: Marc Jacquier
Date: 9 Nov 2003 05:23:26
Message: <3fae159e$1@news.povray.org>

3fadfd40@news.povray.org...

> The main reason I use high fade_power is to simulate sunlight which is
> waaaay bright, but seldom pure white. So I set the color I want the light
> be then boost fade_power way up.

you could mutliply your light color definition, say <1, 0.9, 0.8>*2, rather
using fade_power.
high fade_power is very unrealistic for the sun except if you translate it
far away because real sun is so far from earth that  scene distances are
very small relatively to sun distance.
We do not notice any sunlight fading due to distance on earth.

Marc