POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Rational Fear [115kb] : Re: A Rational Fear [115kb] Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:28:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Rational Fear [115kb]
From: Neonux
Date: 7 Nov 2003 04:49:32
Message: <3fab6aac@news.povray.org>
> Hey, thanks for the feedback, it made me look at this image again and I
> ended up doing quite a bit of work on the textures and lighting. I
> brightened things up a bit too.

Very nice image.

Something however has been bugging me and at first it wasn't obvious to me
but then I recalled a school trip to a shot tower many years ago.

There was a similar view from the top with a rounded basin at the bottom.
Perhaps the hint of something at the bottom that would feel very solid if
you fell off?

Anyway it did have a rail and supports that ran up the middle of the tower
to hold up the inner edge of the steps.  Otherwise you would find that the
steps may crack and break if walked near to the inner edge.  If you follow
what I mean??  Also I agree that perhaps a scattered media or something
would be good?  I mean there is usually dust and stuff floating around in
the atmosphere of such a building and that tends to add to the effect.

Another thing I remember from my trip was that the stairs had a worn pattern
where most people walked... (that tended to be towards the wall as people
don't generally like to look over the edge.  :)

---