POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Rational Fear [115kb] : Re: A Rational Fear [115kb] Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:18:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Rational Fear [115kb]
From: Darren Hewson
Date: 7 Nov 2003 03:14:02
Message: <3fab544a@news.povray.org>
Hey, thanks for the feedback, it made me look at this image again and I
ended up doing quite a bit of work on the textures and lighting. I
brightened things up a bit too.

Cheers

"Christopher James Huff" <cja### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message
news:cja### [at] netplexaussieorg...
> In article <3fa206ea@news.povray.org>,
>  "Darren Hewson" <dar### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>
> > Nope, there is no ambient lighting in the scene, all ambients are set to
> > zero already.
> >
> > However there was fog in the bottom of the shaft, this was causing a
loss of
> > contrast all over the scene (must have been a small but noticeable trace
> > even though the camera is a long distance away from the fog) . I've
removed
> > the fog and the result is attached.
>
> Hmm, it still looks very flat, and much too evenly lit for the lighting.
> And though I see dark areas on the stairs, the railing looks like it is
> glowing. One thing that would help is some granularity and variation in
> the stair pigment, to make the edges more distinct. And...are you using
> light fading? That would help. Scattering media, too...fog won't give a
> very realistic result in an area with so many shadows.
>
> Also, shouldn't the steps be more perpendicular to their anchor point in
> the walls? Though this offset does give an interesting visual effect.
>
> --
> Christopher James Huff <cja### [at] earthlinknet>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
> POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
> http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'RationalFear600x600_20031107.jpg' (111 KB)

Preview of image 'RationalFear600x600_20031107.jpg'
RationalFear600x600_20031107.jpg