POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Crash after 63 frames? : Re: Crash after 63 frames? Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:50:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crash after 63 frames?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 4 Nov 2003 16:00:50
Message: <3fa81382@news.povray.org>
In article <3fa80665$1@news.povray.org> , "Scott Gammans"
<dee### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> And it does nothing to verify my proof that the current
> version of POV-Ray has a memory problem with loading image maps over and
> over again in long-running animation sequences, which Thorsten has flatly
> stated is untrue.

Gilles confirmed that he can see problems with image_pattern /
pigment_pattern in the current 3.5 binary but not with all image_maps as you
say.  Also, as you implied this bug has existed for a long time in the
Windows version, but as both features are new in 3.5, this cannot really be
that long ago.

In conclusion, just following the bug reporting guidelines and posting a
small scene together with the report rather than an extensive speculation
would probably have given a solution in this thread much more quickly.

    Thorsten