POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Tape Machine 40k : Re: The Tape Machine 40k Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Tape Machine 40k
From: Alf Peake
Date: 3 Nov 2003 16:49:54
Message: <3fa6cd82@news.povray.org>
"Xplo Eristotle" <xpl### [at] infomagicnet> wrote in message

> Shiny metal gets most of its appearance from reflection, not diffuse
> lighting. Try cranking the diffuse down to 0 and slowly increasing
it
> from there until it looks good.. also, from what I can see here, you

I'll try that again. This was my final brass texture.

texture{
   pigment{ rgb <1,0.9,0.35> }
   finish {
      ambient 0.2 // 0.1
      diffuse 0.6 // 0.2
      brilliance 4
      metallic
      specular 0.7 roughness 1/1000
      reflection{ 0.1, 0.6 metallic }
      conserve_energy
   }
}

> need a much stronger specular to simulate the reflection from strong
> sunlight. You might even consider using photons for the reflective
caustics.

I used photons but they are not very visible.

Thanks for advice

Alf