POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : rotational sweep question (revised) : rotational sweep question (revised) Server Time
26 Jun 2024 04:31:04 EDT (-0400)
  rotational sweep question (revised)
From: Thomas Barnes
Date: 30 Oct 2003 23:39:57
Message: <3fa1e79d$1@news.povray.org>
Is there a way to make a simple spine, such as a wine glass, with a inside
surface and an exterior surface? I suppose that would be a "closed" spine
rotated around the z axis. I think I am going about it the wrong way in
moray.

I made a little picture about what I see visually as the difference

http://barnestormer.com/spline-quiestion.html

The Illustration of the modeler I am used to only exports in triangles where
moray in infinitely superior in it's ability to export as a primitive. :)

I think I can make it work, but when I am in cubic or quadratic editing
mode, I have little control regarding the uniformity and thickness of the
material.

I admit my inexperience with moray, I am just looking for a better approach
to modeling with moray.

Thanks in advance.